beading


Lily of the Valley

This is a lace cuff I made for little sis Christen’s birthday. It is made of black Coton Perle DMC thread with iridescent glass seed beads and mother of pearl buttons.

Pattern: Perdita, from Knitty in the Lily of the Valley style.


Last Thursday, June 7th I finished up my flower dishcloth, shown alongside the double woven cloth. I also made these stitch markers for my dishcloth swap pal. I like that the photo captured the iridescence of the smaller beads. Both cloths were sent off to my pal on Monday, along with the markers, soap and some chocolate.

stitch markers

dishcloths


I finished the dishcloth for my secret pal and have started another using the Flower Power pattern by Whimical Knitting Designs. Each petal is knit separately, then joined in the round for the center. I’m using bright pink Sugar n’ Cream yarn and so far have two of the five petals knit. I’ll get a photo of the cloths together once this one is done.

I also made some stitch markers for a different swap last Thursday, the 10th. I lost one of my double point needles and another knitter offered to send me an extra of hers. In exchange, I used blue and white beads and wire to make her some stitch markers.

stitch markers

I’m starting to work on this tank top again, which I had put aside since around February last year, in favor of some other projects. I am making some changes, including adding beads to the front. I was able to arrange the beads so that they continue up the straps a bit, which I really like.

Progress: Most of the front is knit, except for the right strap. An old photo can be found by searching for “Elderflower” if you want to get an idea of what the top is like. I’ll see about taking another picture once the front is finished.

This tank top is from Rowan’s Summer Tweed Collection. I’m using the discontinued color Cotton Bud. I found the perfect beads, which are made of recycled glass. They are light orange or amber with a rough matte finish. I think they look pretty next to the off-white tweedy yarn. If I knit another, I might put a luckenbooth medallion on it. Started January 22.

To see my changes, click “more” below. Just as a note to anyone who is considering knitting this design, the decreases as written in the pattern are all wonky. You come up with the right number of stitches, but it will look bumpy. When I’m finished, this will have not only my personal preference changes, but changes that need to be made to the pattern to make the strap decreases look smooth. If I have time, this section will also include close-up swatch photos, to show the difference between the decreases as written and my changes to the pattern to make them smooth.

Progress: All of the front except the straps. I’m still working out kinks in the pattern. But on a side note, my bead placement up the neckline looks great! *This is on hold while I do a few other things*

progress shot elderflower
(more…)